Our Vision “An inclusive society where persons with different abilities enjoy equal rights and have access to affordable quality rehabilitation services.”
Mission Statement:To enable persons with disability to overcome their physical limitations and empower them economically and socially to become self reliant and fully integrated members of their communities.
- To create awareness on causes, prevention and management of various disabilities with the aim of reducing prevalence and overcome prejudices and traditional beliefs towards persons with disabilities.
- To promote quality rehabilitation services through medical rehabilitation, social rehabilitation and economic empowerment
- To develop low-cost supportive appliances through appropriate technology to meet the needs of persons with disability especially in the rural community.
- To network with the Government and other service providers for persons with disabilities with the aim of coordinating activities to avoid duplication of services.
- To promote formation of grassroots groups of persons with disabilities with the aim of increasing their self-confidence to achieve full participation in their communities and attain equal rights.
CHDF works closely with the Ministry of Medical Services in the rehabilitation and habilitation of persons with disabilities. Most of it's Branches are located within the government's provincial or district hospitals.
In order to meet its objective, CHDF offers its services through the Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) Matrix that comprised of the following pillars;
RUAI COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE
A Community dispensary which is open 24 hrs , 7 days a week. The Dispensary caters for medical assistance of the Home and the surrounding community.
offers the following services:
- Child & Maternal Care
- Postnatal & antenatal Care
- Family planning
- Minor Procedures
- General Medical Care